The first step in applying for a grant is posting your proposal for discussion here.
Grants are offered by UberHaus to DAOs for several purposes, some of which are identified below:
- Membership Grants - DAOs can request up to 500 shares in UberHaus to participate in governance
- Tech/Service Grant - Tech grants afford DAOs on the DAOhaus platform up to 500 HAUS to build what they want for DAOhaus
- Token Swap - This grant enables DAOs to swap their DAO’s token for up to 2500 shares in UberHaus, presenting a different kind of value transfer and shared ownership model.
Please Follow This template:
***INFORMATION BELOW IS PLACEHOLDER. PLEASE REPLACE WITH YOUR COPY! ***
In this section, include a high level overview of your proposal. What is your initiative? Why should people fund you? Try to stay brief.
Problem / Opportunity
What problem or opportunity are you looking to solve?
Funding Milestones and Payments
Note: Proposers should deliver on something before asking for payment.
- If you are applying for Uberhaus membership your community should be established, please link to relevant documentation - community mission/manifesto, community discussion groups and forums, and dao.
- If you are applying for a tech grant link to current spec documents and/or prototypes.
If applying for a tech grant please outline the Milestones & payments (payments can be set up as a stream, in this case what is the steam rate?):
- Phase 1: description of Phase 1 and deliverables + payment amount in $USD + delivery DATE
- Phase 2: description of Phase 2 and deliverables + payment amount in $USD + delivery DATE
Total payment: $USD, complete upon delivery of phases. Should have a maximum amount of 500HAUS.
Payments will be made to the following xDai address:
We consider ourselves independent contractors of the UberHaus DAO and will report taxes accordingly. Forms W8-BEN and W9 will be filled out accordingly before funds get distributed to our team. [this is a requirement]
What is your business model?
Note that all software produced should be open source with MIT license.
- Person A: Engineer. Here is a link to their Linkedin. They have been active is so and so community for 3 years, and have a great track record.
- Person B: Designer. Here is a link to their Linkedin. They currently work for Google, here are examples of their work: [link]
- Person C: developer. Here is a link to their Linkedin and Github.
The contact person for this project will be Person A. Their contact information is personA@gmail.com and their Discord handle is #3433Person A
How long has your team/community worked together? What other projects have you worked on?
Our project will attend community calls, and provide updates on our milestones as we make progress. In the event that we can’t fulfil our commitment, funds will be returned to Uberhaus DAO. We will also work with community members to ensure updates are distributed through the Uberhaus communication channels. [update and adjust accordingly!]
Why should Uberhaus DAO fund this?
What is the benefit to HAUS token holders? How will this help grow the ecosystem, or bring value to them? Make you last pitch here!
Useful Links & Media
Add anything that might be relevant to the reader! Links, demos, videos, etc.
Read More in the handbook