UberHaus was summoned in April of 2021 with the goal of decentralizing ownership over the DAOhaus platform - airdropping all of the active Moloch DAOs on DAOhaus Shares at a ratio of:
1 share = 1 HAUS
77 DAOs in total received shares in UberHaus, where over the course of one year roughly ~30 DAOs participated in governance, showing up to meetings, voting on proposals, and coordinating grants to projects across the DAOhaus platform.
Reflecting on v1 of UberHaus, there are several things that we realize could use improvement, supporting more efficacious and fluid governance within the DAO of DAOs.
In UberHaus v1 there was no opt-in increasing the difficulty of getting DAOs who were airdropped shares to participate in governance.
In the current version, there is no way for DAOs outside of the DAOhaus ecosystem to join and govern in UberHaus.
UberHaus does not allow for a unified mechansim by which individuals with loot and delegates with shares can participate in governance together through off chain voting using snapshot.
There has been no way to “upgrade consensus” - introducing new policies to be updated into the DAOs governance or consensus framework.
Taking our learnings from v1 of UberHaus, we are announcing the launch of UberHaus v1.5.
The new structure and launch strategy will promote increased participation in UberHaus by way of a open governance strategy where token holders have the opportunity to surface important issues to the core DAO of delegates.
First, we will summon a new Moloch 2.5 DAO for UberHaus along with the Shaman interface (borrowed from Moloch v3)
The new DAO will be created with the same voting period that UberHaus v1 uses, but it will have the ability to execute member proposals early if quorum is met by delegates.
The HAUS bank currently in UberHaus v1 will be moved through a proposal to the new DAOs minion safe!
RatHaus - Loot holders
In order for individuals to participate in governance, UberHaus will need to deploy an erc20 shaman - setup with a 3 month time limit where loot can be distributed at a ratio of 100 LOOT: 1 HAUS, with a 3000 HAUS staking limit.
Loot holders will be able to participate in a snapshot governance module, read more below on the structure and implications of the setup.
After the initial three months, we will make an assessment about whether or not we want to deploy another shaman for HAUS holders to stake.
Members who stake will be eligible for NFTs rewards and whitelisting for special offers, other perks.
BundesHaus (Share holders)
Only DAOs will be eligible to receive shares in UberHaus.
Current Uberhaus DAOs can opt in for membership through voting on the proposal to transfer funds from the current DAO to the new DAOs safe minion.
Excess funds in the current DAO released from inactive DAOs that do not opt-in will be put into a membership grant fund vault for providing grant matching to new members.
- 500 HAUS Minimum
- No Maximum (requires ratification)
- Any smart account type contract (DAO, Safes, Comp) just needs to be a DAO (yes all daos not just Molochs)
- On Gnosis chain (delegated sub DAOs from other chains are fine)
- No EOAs
- Contract must be able to call
withdrawon the DAO
- New member proposals outside the initial opt-in window must go through the standard governance process.
- If Snapshot passes on a new member proposal then membership can be fast tracked with a ealy execution minion/shaman. At least 3 current member daos must approve and it will then transfer loot to shares.
- Member Application process includes submitting a Snapshot proposal before an official on-chain proposal is made to the DAO.
- All funding and grant proposals will have to take place through a Snapshot integration first, where all loot (Rathaus) and share holders (UberHaus delegates) can vote.
In order to make a proposal to the Snapshot, members will need to hold a minimum of 100 loot/shares.
The snapshot period will be set at 5 days to allow for maximum participation from loot/share holders.
- After a proposal passes in the Snapshot, they are put on chain by a delegate in UberHaus for share holders to ratify. DAO members can choose to pass, veto, or abstain.
All proposals should be fit into a few different categories.
- Policy Change
- Grant/Funding request
- New member DAO
- Guild Kick
Proposals should be able to fast track the snapshot round. The only time this can happen is in a gridlock situation, in that case a current member DAO can make a proposal to resolve the situation.
All proposals outside this flow should be ignored, unless a policy is enacted to override this
All current Uberhaus ‘subdaos’ must go through this process
Start with a very minimal operating agreement for Member DAOs.
After 6 months we will upgrade to Baal contracts with new voting and staking mechanics.
This proposal was written and contributed by current active UberHaus member DAO delegates.
- Warcamp - Dekan
- Peerion - Jeremy
- Raidguild - Keating
- Commitpool - Spencer
- Madison Blockchain Group - plor
- MetaCartel Ventures - Callum
- LexDAO - Nick
in Review (comment if you agree and we can move your name up)
- MetaCartel - Yalor
- MolochDAO - TW
- Trojan DAO - Jsimbouras
- MetaGammaDelta - Zayi
April 4th - onchain proposal for current members to opt in (4 day window).
Key actions items:
- Post to forum the plan for UberHaus v1.5
- Create a process for Delegates who opt-in in to use an existing or create a special purpose minion to manage their membership in the new DAO
- Create a submission form that Delegates can “Submit materials” to, such as: minion address, DAO information, and any personal information they want to share to stay up to date on communications
- deploy dao, yeeter, HAUS Safe vault, Member Grant Vault
- Once DAO is deployed, work with JP to deploy UberHaus styleguide to the new site.
- Write a article about uberdao 1.5 rise of the phoenix
- Does UberHaus need to modify it’s Manifesto?
- How will we need to adjust documentation on UberHaus to reflect the changes made to the underlying structure as well as membership requirments
- Ensure backward compatability between DAOhaus docs & UberHaus docs focused on UberSpecific materials