Upcoming Chainverse Release | 0.0.0

Chainverse 0.0.0

Overview

0.0.0 will be the first Chainverse release.

The release is designed to provide a unified view of member activity across voting proposals, Discourse, and Discord, starting with Diamond DAO.

We will use this release to collect user feedback from Diamond DAO members and potential customers to guide our business development and product development strategies.

The release will contain two components:
(i) DAO details with Overview, Governance Dashboard, and Participation Dashboard
(ii) Member Details view with context on member Participation, Governance Activity, Network, and Token Holdings

We are targeting December 15 to deploy the release for review.

Notes:

• user refers to the application user.
  • DAO Member refers to a member of a DAO selected for review by the user.
  • covered data sources refers to DAOhaus Subgraph, Discourse and Discord.

Member Details View

The Member Details view will include key context for understanding the selected member’s participation in the user’s DAO.

Users can filter on time period. Default view is from perspective of user-selected DAO, but users can remove that filter to view member activity across DAOs covered by Chainverse.

Overview Tab
- View key member context: affiliated DAOs, Discord roles in user’s DAO, number of shares/tokens held in user’s DAO, etc during selected time period
- View feed of events from covered data sources (i.e. forum posts, votes) during selected time period

Governance Tab
- View voter power and voter engagement metrics during selected time period
- View DAO member’s user frequently co-votes with / co-sponsors proposals for / has delegated voting power to during selected time period
- View activity feed for all governance related activity, i.e. forum posts, proposal interactions during selected time period

Participation Tab
- View interaction counts across covered data sources during selected time period
- View of most active Discord channels during selected time period
- View activity feed during selected time period

Network Tab
- View details on other affiliations with other DAOs during selected time period
- View affiliates with > 1 mutual DAOs during selected time period
- View feed of covered interactions with other DAOs during selected time period

Tokens Tab
- Link directs to Zerion (or other Wallet UI) view of user wallet

DAO Overview

The DAO Overview dashboard contains metrics summarizing DAO growth and new member activity. It also contains a feed of form and proposal activity, along with links to key DAO resources (i.e. Discord, Forum, Website).

DAO Governance Dashboard

Overview Section

• View proposals, forum posts, passsed proposals in user-selected time period during selected time period
  • View voting participation, voter activity, and voting power concentration metrics during selected time period

Proposal Selector

• View of feed of recent proposals with metadata, click on proposal to view vote metadata and review a table of participating voters during selected time period

Voter Engagement

• View high-level metrics summarizing voter engagement and a table for exploring active voters during selected time period

Power Brokers

• View charts summarizing concentration of voting power in DAO during selected time period
  • View table for exploring DAO power brokers during selected time period
  • Proposal inspector view filtered to power brokers during selected time period
  • View feed of all governance (forum, proposal) activity during selected time period

DAO Participation Dashboard

Overview

• View high level metrics on growth, new member activation, and member retention during selected time period

New members

• View high level metrics on new member activity during selected time period
  • View table for exploring new members during selected time period

Member activity

• View high-level engagement metrics during selected time period
  • View table for exploring all active members during selected time period
  • View table for exploring trending spaces (i.e. Discord channels, Forum threads, Proposals) during selected time period

Retention

• View high-level retention metrics during selected time period
  • View table to explore newly inactive members during selected time period
  • View table to explore members who left the DAO during selected time period

Some features may not make into the release.

Here is a Loom video that walks through the Chainverse’s design: https://www.loom.com/share/0299611db9924cd6b90f1b0cbca2624e

2 Likes

This seems just a tad hard from a UX perspective, given that there might be many such events ? And that as it grows the types of event will keep increasing? Or it must be added in the Contributing Guidelines that each added event must have a “string formatting” attached to it or something.

Will this have a network dataviz ?

From what I see in the data, most DAOs are fairly stable at least after some growth period, I think its nice to be able to time filter, but is this the most pertinent filter ?

1 Like