We envision a future where any human community can achieve its collective purpose while reinforcing the full sovereignty of individual members. We are building the technological and cultural tools that empower communities to do so.
We believe Moloch is the most significant DAO protocol in the ecosystem. Moloch DAOs prioritize the autonomy of the individual to maximize the self-sovereignty of communities through a lineage of features that began with Ragequit in v1, expanded to Ragekick and minions with v2, and have culminated in an incredible cornucopia of composable features in the Moloch v2.5 contracts we are currently using.
The DAOhaus core team has been carrying the Moloch torch since ETHBerlin 2019, building on top of this powerful foundation to create a no-code platform where anyone can summon a Moloch DAO in just a few minutes. In August of 2021, a few DAOhaus die-hards volunteered to help your DAO (thee original MolochDAO) migrate to the v2.5 platform so your community could take advantage of the expanded tooling.
DAOhaus is a public good. The founders decentralized their work to create the DAOhaus community, which has since decentralized further summoning Uberhaus to open up governance to the wider community. DAOhaus members hold shares in MolochDAO and MolochDAO holds shares in Uberhaus DAO, playing a key role in the governance of our platform.
We rely on our community to keep us building and have historically conducted our own fundraising campaigns in the form of Community Contribution Opportunities (CCOs) using our own innovative Yeeter tool. Earlier this year we raised ~$2m from dedicated supporters to secure a runway for shipping the DAOhaus v3 product and Moloch v3 Baal contracts with the Moloch Mystics.
Read our manifesto to learn about our community values.
Review the pitchdeck of our recent CCO3 (completed in February 2022).
Note that your own Moloch Rises DAO is hosted on the DAOhaus platform and the original MolochDAO v1 was accessed through our Pokemol application.
DAOhaus addresses the tension between flexibility, usability, and decentralization.
Purpose-driven communities demand:
- Infrastructure and tools that meet their specific coordination and operation needs.
- A human-friendly way for their members to use that unique combination of tools.
- Widely distributed power and individual sovereignty (no shortcuts).
Due to recent market depression, our runway has shrunk dramatically to only a few months of reduced operations. Our current goal is shipping DAOhaus v3 built upon the Moloch v3 contracts. At this moment we are making difficult decisions in our organization to prioritize delivering a Beta version of the core product, but this does not account for the months of technical and community support required to ensure things run smoothly. We need to test the Beta version of our apps, make the necessary updates for a public release, and migrate existing DAOs to the new contracts.
Web3 applications require rigorous security auditing to ensure the safety of the user base, yet we no longer have the funds to hire another third party to audit our build.
Our focus is on DAOs empowering communities of humans to achieve shared purpose.
- DAOs empowering humans, not humans supporting protocols
- Tribe-sized communities, not boundless mechanistic affiliation
- Purpose-driven, not just here for the tokens
- Communally distributed power, not executive councils
- Positive-sum, not negative-sum
If we are going to realize our goal while also compensating the incredible team dedicated to executing the build, we need the support of MolochDAO.
We are requesting a grant to serve as an emergency relief fund to support our builders in delivering our product, conducting a professional security audit through Quantstamp, and providing the necessary support that follows. The funds from MolochDAO will support us until the end of the fiscal year (December 2022).
DAOhaus is a platform for summoning and managing Moloch DAOs. We’ve worked to reimagine our platform into a software development kit and decentralized infrastructure providing tools for developers to build DAO products and services. Our applications are built upon this infrastructure and leverage these libraries, subgraphs, and contracts.
The interfaces used to interact with DAOs, including:
These libraries are consumed by our apps and structured to be used by external developers. They include:
- Utility Libraries provide foundations that can be composed and integrated into applications
- Data Libraries provide functions for interacting with DAO data
- User Interface Libraries provide a set of components for building DAO interfaces and tools
- Feature Libraries compose “smart components” that can be integrated into applications
We have prioritized building with decentralized tools and are sharing our charts of dependencies and templates to help other teams figure out the tough stuff and ensure posterity.
|Game Mine Alliance||34||$2,299,385|
|Bufficorn Ventures DAO||16||$500,984|
NOTE: The above values are representative of only the main treasury of each DAO and do not include the token values held in minion vaults.
DAOhaus’ social impact extends beyond the core application of Moloch DAO contracts. We are advocates and leaders in the DAO space.
- Our current Twitter following stands at 15.7 K followers
- Community members publish to Mirror under the DAOhaus banner, including a series of articles explaining Moloch DAOs and their importance
- Our Discord currently has 6,263 users.
You can track the DAOhaus v3 Milestones on our Github.
Our current goal is releasing the v3 Beta at MCON2 in September:
After MCON2, we strive to deliver:
- Moving out of Beta with a successful security audit
- Resolving any issuses indentified in testing and adding additional features
- Marketing to the wider ecosystem
- Update documentation about v2 > v3
- Build tool to facillitate communities to upgrade to v3 in a trustless (or less trust-dependent) manner
- Elaborate a specific migration campaign
This table represents the current team assembled for the Beta release. Personnel changes quickly on our team and can be expected in the coming months. We offer this as a soft guideline for how we are thinking about budget distribution.
|Contributor||Primary Role||Commitment %||Level||$wxDAI|
- $102k per month x4 months for the current DAOhaus builder team
- $90k Quantstamp security audit
- Total: $498k
- Provide 4 months after Beta release to test, support, document, and iterate on major features
- Pay for security audit to prepare the product for public release
- Introduce the capabilites of Moloch v3 to the masses
- Compensate contributors pushing the product and tooling over the finish line by December 2022