[Grant Application] Unicorn Girlies

Project Name: Unicorn Girlies
Description: Unicorn Girlies is a venture capitol DAO by women for women. This DAO offers the opportunity for women to raise money and young women to pitch for the money. This DAO will have on and off chain investments.

Vision: We are transforming the venture capital system by offering women a seat at the venture capitol table that otherwise would not have this opportunity. This DAO will be an open and inviting space for members to ask any question from “what is venture capitol?” to “what is the roadmap to raise 1 billion dollars for my start up?”. Members will be able to understand how to raise funding, vote on where the funds goes, and pitch for funding. These are conversations that are not freely presented and talked about for women.

Pitching for funding will be a supportive process with direct feedback from pitching judges and the community. Young people/women typically do not have access to these processes and Unicorn Girlies will cultivate a supportive environment for us all to learn together. We have divided the DAO process into 3 phases (Raising, Pitching/Voting, and Funding) that will iterate.

Problem: Where to start? It is known, or at least I hope this statistic is widely recognized, *2.3% of venture capital funding in 2020 went to female founders. The root cause of this statistic is too complex to discover and so I am much more interested in finding a solution. We are missing out on so much innovation by not creating an accessible way to fund each others’ ideas as women.

Due to a persons’ socioeconomic backgrounds, gender, and geographical location the idea of raising venture capitol funding and receiving these funds can seem like a very foreign and daunting thing to pursue. This DAO provides motivated young people and women more knowledge to execute their goals and de-bunk the hurdles to entrepreneurship.

Solution/Product: Unicorn Girlies DAO is a blend of an NFT collection for validation and a syndicate DAO for voting, fundraising, and granting funding. Like stated earlier, this DAO will iterate from raising, pitching, and granting money. Each step of the process will have a knowledge bank curated to support one another. Here is the community experience for each phase:
Raising
A member can apply for grants using the "Applying for Grants: knowledge base and raise money for the DAO that way. Members can also inject their own personal investments into the DAO token.
Voting/Pitching
Requirements for pitching will be created together as a DAO. Submissions to pitch will be received and voted upon. The top 5 will be identified and invited to do a full on pitch to the judges and community, live!
The community then votes on who wins the money.
Funding
The winner/recipient receives the funds and is then supported through the knowledge bank of what is next like operating with funded money, roadmapping, etc…

Validation/Traction/Progress so far
Due to the lack of women for funding, the validation in the market is scarce. I attended F3STIVAL, a women-focused venture capitol and web3 festival this summer in Vancouver. A live event with panels to create an open space to ask anything about wallets, protocols, DAOs, NFTs, and so much more. A live pitch with 5 finalists was done at the end of the festival. This was the first time we have seen an event like this and there was an outstanding response within the community that events like these need to be done more.

Progress so far is creating the mirrors page seen here (Unicorn Girlies DAO — Unicorn Girlies). I am looking for a community manager to start advertising the Discord to being to co-create as a community and leverage each others resources. I am a TikTok Creator today with 66K followers and so I know that I can build a community once when I have a community manager.

Team
Gabrielle Judge (founder)

• looking for a co founder
  • looking for a head of engineering
  • looking for a head of creative
  • looking for a head of community
    -looking for a VC advisor

Grant Amount Request: $10,000

What will it be used for:
$1,000 a month for community manager over 5 months
$5,000 for tech expenses: MVP, UI/UX, Websites, Tokenomics advising

Attach any additional documents/resources about the project if you have any.
https://mirror.xyz/unicorngirlies.eth/crowdfunds/0xfe3454Fcd17bA7f959DB2619b0505D4718f638DE

Hi Unicorn Girlies,

The members of Meta Gamma Delta DAO want to thank you for your grant application submission! We apologize for the delay. We took a pause to restructure and are just getting up to speed and looking to award some grants by the close of 2022. The Grants Committee is interested in hearing an update and any further details you would like us know about your project by November 28, 2022. You may include links, a video up to 2 minutes long and/or a written . All submissions will be reviewed and responses will be made after November 30, 2022. Please feel free to respond or ask questions and a committee member will get back with you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in Meta Gamma Delta Grants Program. We look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Hi Unicorn Girls,

The members of Meta Gamma Delta DAO want to thank you for your recent grant application submission. The decision-making process was difficult as we had a variety of powerful groups and organizations interested in a limited amount of grant dollars.

Unfortunately, your application was not selected for funding at this time. However, we would really appreciate you keeping us posted on further development and growth and hope you apply again in the future. Membership to Meta Gamma Delta DAO is always open should you be interested and in general, we look forward to connecting in the metaverse!