Grant Application - The Test DAO

Project Name: The Test DAO
Project Amount Requested: 8000 DAI
Contributors: infinitehomie.eth (founder and author of this Grant Proposal), SandeepDas, McEal, Oluwasijibomi, Sidthescriptkid

Project Description:

Test DAO is a Community focused on onboarding people of all shades coming from all areas of the world into Web3. We focus on completing this task by assisting contributors with learning the basics when dealing with tooling, infrastructure, and organisation.

The idea of Test DAO was by infinitehomie, a black woman from the United States who is a part of the LGBT community. With a background in traditional finance, I’ve had many instances of being left out of the conversation, as the directors of my employer are over 90% white men.

I came into web3 thinking that I would be able to find a way to find empowerment amongst like minded people, however I was dismayed to realize how exclusive the majority of web3 was, and how much of an outsider I felt. I came up with the idea of Test DAO to build a space were everyone felt welcome.

I believe that Test DAO was created to be an inclusive space, due to the roadblocks she received when onboarding into other spaces in web3.

Project Vision:

We believe in an inclusive world that allows experimentation and collaboration with an equal opportunity for everyone to be involved no matter the experience, skill sets or the opportunities available to them. We believe that in order for the world to move forward with going bankless, we should be able to investigate the world of Web3.

Project Mission:

Our mission is to show the Web3 world that we can all contribute and learn. Web3 should be inclusive, and should never be exclusive. So we will work to open the doors of crypto to the masses through Test DAO. Anyone looking to contribute to the major DAOs in the ecosystem should be allowed to contribute to the ecosystem.

The Problem:

Access to most Decentralized Finance, DAO, and crypto opportunities is not as open as they claim.

We appreciate the focus on assisting places including Africa and other places in need, but we also realize that there are places across the world that need to have access to the web3 ecosystem.

Everything from the language (it’s more apropos to call a fellow contributor “ser” or “bro” than to not mis-gender contributors), to the atmosphere (I’ve often been the only woman in a leadership role), to the point where most people have considered me to be a man. Onboarding in larger DAOs caters more so to men of a particular demographic, and less towards women of a particular demographic. The exclusivity problem in DAOs is a larger problem that we will look to solve via Test DAO workshops, research efforts, and content creation.

The Solution

Build a Community that Focuses on workshops, research sessions, and content creation, to focus on and cater to onboarding people who are new to the space. Women, people of Color and any marginalized part of society that has not felt included in Web3.

We created Test DAO because we want to offer access to people who are looking to learn, and they may not have through our workshops, research efforts, and crowdsourced documentation of tools, we believe that we can work towards full adoption of crypto and full adoption of the web3 world with access available to underserved communities.

Validation - Traction So Far
We currently have over 100 members in our discord. Our Discord Server is The Test DAO.

We have previously hosted DAO tooling demonstrations from protocols including Den, Parcel.Money, and Build in Public. We were able to have our community members ask questions in order to learn more about their creative process, and the products that they have built.

We have also invited community members to share their tooling ideas with us, to empower innovation, and collaboration in a community that is receptive.

How we are Encouraging Women/Others to be a part of the Test DAO, and Web3 as a whole

We are encouraging women by embracing inclusivity. We intend to use this grant to further our cause.

We intend to build a community around empowering everyone, including women, and people of colour, among other demographics. We will use the community efforts to build out the ideas that contributors have via empowerment sessions, access to dialogue with blockchain builders who have been successful in the space and fundraising efforts to bring our contributors’ visions to fruition.

*We have previously invited DAO tools including Den, Parcel.Money, and Build in Public to present demonstrations of their respective tools to the community. In addition to the product demonstrations, the events were held in order for community members to ask questions in a more intimate setting, giving them access that they may not have had previously.

We have also working towards holding workshops to present DAO tooling education, and research in order to assist contributors with gaining experience that they can use to build their own projects, their own communities, and to contribute to larger DAOS.**

**We will use the Grant funding to launch the product beyond the initial scoping phase of test DAO **

1. We will use approximately 2000 DAI to build the website and database for contributors to easily have access to DAO tools in order to build their own products.

2. We will use 2500 DAI to retroactively reimburse the costs that we have accrued to market, recruit, and build our multi sig, the discord server, and costs in managing DAO relations for Test DAO for the current contributors

3. We will hold 2500 DAI for bounties dedicated to recruiting contributors to build in our community, and to become ambassadors of our cause of inclusivity for all.

4. We will hold 1000 DAI to begin our promoted social media campaign to bring awareness to Test DAO.

The Total of the costs break down to 8000 DAI.

Our Contributors have come from BanklessDAO, with experience in coding, marketing, and traditional finance. We come from across the globe, from the United States, to England, and Africa.

Please reach out to me, infinite homie with questions. I encourage and look forward to the discourse. https://twitter.com/infinitehomie.

1 Like

Hi infinitehomie.eth,

The members of Meta Gamma Delta DAO want to thank you for your grant application submission! We apologize for the delay. We took a pause to restructure and are just getting up to speed and looking to award some grants by the close of 2022. The Grants Committee is interested in hearing an update and any further details you would like us know about your project by November 28, 2022. You may include links, a video up to 2 minutes long and/or written report. All submissions will be reviewed and responses will be made after November 30, 2022. Please feel free to respond or ask questions and a committee member will get back with you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in Meta Gamma Delta Grants Program. We look forward to hearing more from you soon.

1 Like

Hi Infinitehomie.eth,

The members of Meta Gamma Delta DAO want to thank you for your recent grant application submission. We received notice that you are no longer seeking funds at this time.

We would really appreciate you keeping us posted on further development and growth and hope you apply again in the future. Membership to Meta Gamma Delta DAO is always open should you be interested and in general, we look forward to connecting in the metaverse!

1 Like