Project name: The Symmetrical
Description: The Symmetrical is a genZ social DAO that invests in on-chain assets and connects members to web3 x consumer products. Our mission is to bring web3 to 1 million genZ.
Vision: To be the top social community for genZ
Problem: GenZ has little capital to buy NFTs and tokens and we don’t have many friends in the space since web3 is so niche.
Solution: A DAO that pools capital together to invest in NFTs and tokens while making friends from cities across the globe. We are close to ending our first season, which was 6 months, so we’re launching Season 2 on September 12th. We currently have ~40 members but will onboard 40 more genZ for Season 2. We have bi-monthly community calls, bi-monthly virtual social hangouts, monthly fireside chats, and intimate social gatherings in IRL.
Validation / Traction / Progress so far: We had 200 applications for Season 1 and accepted 40 members. For Season 2, we have a waitlist of 100 people.
Recent grad from Cornell University. Joined DeSo’s latest product, DAODAO this past June. Scouted for On Deck and Wefunder. Founded The Symmetrical in January 2022
Senior at Duke University. Contributing to Cabin DAO’s podcasts and Mirror
Twitter: @Jakub Rusiecki
Graduate of Imperial College London. 3+ years of angel investing experience (Stardust, Public.com, DeSo, Wilder Worlds)
Grant Amount Requested: $10,000
What it will be used for? The following bullet points is our entire budget for Season 2. The total is $13,000, which is why we would be extremely grateful if we could receive a $10,000 grant. We honestly appreciate any amount!
- Brand Designer: $1,500 / season
- Twitter Content Creator(s): $600 / season ($3.5 / tweet)
- Twitter Space Host(s): $600 / season ($25 / space)
- TikTok Creator(s): $600 / season ($25 / video)
- Newsletter Writer(s): $600 / season ($25 / newsletter)
- Editorial Writer(s): $1200 / season ($50 / article)
- Research Report Writer(s): $1200 / season ($100 / report, 12 reports)
- Education Lead(s): $600 / season
- IRL Kickbacks (10-12 people): $2,400 / season (24 total)
- Pop-up / Collab Events: $3,600 / season (~6 events)
Total = $13,000
Attach any additional documents/resources about the project if you have any: Here is our pitch deck!
How did you hear about MGD’s Funding program?: DAOHAUS website.