[Grant Application] Dripps Universe

Project Name: Dripps
Description: Dripps is a social community hub for more inclusive and secure IRL engagements
Vision: My vision with Dripps is to build a safer platform with global reach, where anyone can organize and participate in gatherings, no matter where they live in the world. Through the use of blockchain technology, we plan to continue improving event security, privacy, and transparency for all involved.
Problem: One of the biggest reasons I want to bring the Dripps project to life is that I want to make IRL engagements a safer and more inclusive ecosystem for everyone, especially women.
Solution/Product: Phase 1: I believe that by integrating NFTs with our platform, we can provide even greater value to our users by offering a more seamless and secure event management experience in Web3. The NFT membership would allow members to access the platform, events, and communication channels.

Describe the project in detail including…

How does the project relate to blockchain or web3?

The team behind Dripps is on a mission to make creating and attending social gatherings more transparent, safe, and cost-effective for everyone. We aspire to change how events are organized and attended. Our intuitive dApp facilitates simple event management for planners and access to relevant events for participants. It is through the Polygon Network that Dripps can create a platform where event planners and attendees can benefit from increased safety, privacy, and clarity in any gathering they take part in.

Brief History of how we communicate in a digitalized world

When we look at the history of social media, we see that all media appeal to only one cognitive sense: Myspace started with music at the time, and when Facebook came along, we understood the importance of visual impact and how it can be exploited in many ways. We became more aware of how the digital-sensual experience can be manipulated if there is only experimentation but not risk mitigation on how we engage and the capabilities given within the ecosystem. For example, the simple, good intention of posting happy pictures can lead to a particular conflict within the social circle or even outside of that circle. Any kind of social exploitation or bad behavior can be caused by a strong emotion that comes up in an instant. So how can we better create a social digital structure that eliminates the risks of the above-mentioned emerging decision-making based on the dominant effects of emotional stimuli? We found that, in essence, human interactions should have a baseline to ensure the following behavioral outcomes: the ability to communicate well, understand each other, and feel safe. To achieve those behavioral outputs, we need to utilize more than one cognitive stimulus. Yet, our previous social media experience fell short of facilitating improved social relationships.

What Dripps offers

Dripps wants to ensure the dialect between the digital and the real life engagements can be smooth and bullet-proof. As a Dripps Founder, and a single womxn in her 30s, I believe that self-existence in any digital space should support real-life experience. In addition to my hypothesis, the reality of digitalization is not the entirety of the actual experience but only one of the many facades of the original.

How are you encouraging other women/minorities to be part of your community?

• Initiatives and strategies that I have in place to promote diversity and inclusivity within my team and our user base include: anonymous feedback structures, feedback control loops, community vetting, securing the venue location data until certain criteria are met, and a community-driven approach to measuring the health of the communities. (These are only few examples for the initiatives that Dripps will offer.)

• Partnerships and Community Support: SheFi, BoysCryptoClub and CryptoWithClub, Local Communities: NFT Philly, Defi Philly, Defi Toronto

• Minority/diversity/equal employment opportunities: We formed Dripps Universe LLC based on international and EEO principles.

Validation / Traction / Progress so far

Milestone Deliverables:

Milestone 1: Product Development

Develop the NFT event ticketing, check-in, and proof of attendance integration with Unlock Protocol by deploying smart contracts and integrating with the Unlock Protocol API.
Establish a system for the minting of unique NFTs representing events that can be sold as tickets or value adds using Polygon network.
Test the integration with a small group of users to ensure that it meets the requirements and expectations of organizers and attendees.
Launch the NFT event ticketing, check-in, and proof of attendance integration on the Dripps platform. Ensure the seamless integration to provide greater security and privacy for users.

Technical stack for Milestone 1:

Solidity for developing smart contracts for NFT event ticketing, check-in, and proof of attendance integration on the Polygon network.
Hardhat for deploying and testing smart contracts on the Polygon network.
Web3.js for interacting with smart contracts from the front-end.
Unlock Protocol API for integrating with the platform to enable NFT event ticketing, check-in, and proof of attendance.
IPFS for storing event data and NFT metadata in a decentralized manner. (e.g., Pinata)

Milestone 2: Launch and Marketing

Develop a marketing and promotional strategy to raise awareness about the NFT event ticketing, check-in, and proof of attendance integration with Unlock Protocol.
Launch a social media campaign to promote the integration and generate interest among potential users.
Collaborate with other Web3 organizations to promote Dripps, via a referral program, to incentivize users to join the platform.
Host a series of events to educate users on the benefits of the integration and how to use the platform effectively.
Achieve the target of 500 NFT membership subscriptions minted by Fall 2023 and report on progress regularly to demonstrate the impact of the partnership.

Team

Founder: Elif Ece Arslan
Freelance Contractors:
Front End Developer: Kaseem Dodson
Grant Support: Kelli Caldwell
Technical Support: Cameron Dmitroff
Legal Support: Sean (Coinflask)

Grant Amount Requested: $10,000

Attach any additional documents/resources about the project

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFdBTU4BZU/EyHiSgu5URT9A8fYbJ-rSA/view?utm_content=DAFdBTU4BZU&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

Website for Intro: https://dripps.app/

Note: Any additional documents, visuals, branding guidelines and prototypes, roadmaps are available upon request.

How did you hear about MGD’s Funding program?

Google search.

Dripps inspires me.

I had the opportunity for one on one time with @exstalis about Dripps and it seems that she has been very conscientious about the vulnerabilities that women deal with in Web3.

We build teams, collaborate and nurture relationships virtually. We naturally want to meet these virtual friends IRL, but how do we know we’re walking into a safe place? I have colleagues who are multiple times my size. I don’t think they have the same concerns that I do. I don’t know if they toss out drinks at parties, because their attention wasn’t on it for a minute.

The long term vision @exstalis described to me provides a feedback structure, like social attestations. Good behavior, like kindness and safety, are recognized and rewarded.

I don’t know how much of a treasury MGD has to give for grants, but I would like to suggest that we, as women in Web3 who intimately know our challenges, would be the community to support this project by being its initial users, helping to bring it out to our communities throughout the DAO ecosystem. I feel like our example could lead other DAOists, who can then lead other communities, beyond Web3.

Thank you for reading. I’m happy to support this; please reach out!

1 Like

Dear Grantee:

Thank you for your grant submission and interest in MGD’s grants program, designed to forward women lead projects in the Web3 space. We are currently in a fundraising season and are not currently awarding grants at this time. We will reach out for updates when we begin the proposal review process.

Best wishes,

MGD Grants Committee

Dear Grantee:

Thank you for your grant submission and interest in MGD’s grants program, designed to forward women lead projects in the Web3 space. We are currently in a fundraising season and are not currently awarding grants at this time. We will reach out for updates when we begin the proposal review process.

Best wishes,

MGD Grants Committee

1 Like