Project name
DAO Anthology Series

Description
A short story series on the MetaCartel Family of DAOs

Brief intro of your project in 1-2 sentences

Vision
Write a short story about MGD to include in the DAO Anthology

Problem
DAOs are lacking good storytelling with positive narratives. DAOs are exclusive. DAOs are hard to understand for new people.

Solution/Product

• Use the power of storytelling to spread positive messages about DAOs
  • Create a flywheel to attract more good people, crypto natives and crypto adjacents (community builders, freelancers, indie workers) into the DAO ecosystem
  • Creatively amplify female voices in Web3
  • Share MGD origin story and all of the impactful projects women in Web3 are working on

Describe the project in detail including…
How does the project relate to blockchain or web3?
(see above)
How are you encouraging other women/minorities to be part of your community?
By sharing narratives about women so newcomers can relate to their stories

Validation / Traction / Progress so far
I have written 2 short stories. One about MetaCartel and one about MetaFactory.

Team
Just me, but I’m open to expanding my team to other writer(s)

Share a brief description of the project’s team members (person by person)

Grant Amount Requested
4K DAI

Amount in USD
$4,000

What it will be used for?
DAO contributor income

Please provide a specific line item budget to show how you will use the funds.
The funds are to compensate myself for my time and effort.

Attach any additional documents/resources about the project if you have any.

Please enable public view access if it’s currently on a private drive
N/A

How did you hear about MGD’s Funding program?
I’m a member :slight_smile:

Hi Rika,

The members of Meta Gamma Delta DAO want to thank you for your grant application submission! We apologize for the delay. We took a pause to restructure and are just getting up to speed and looking to award some grants by the close of 2022. The Grants Committee is interested in hearing an update and any further details you would like us know about your project by November 28, 2022. You may include links, a video up to 2 minutes long and/or written update. All submissions will be reviewed and responses will be made after November 30, 2022. Please feel free to respond or ask questions and a committee member will get back with you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in Meta Gamma Delta Grants Program. We look forward to hearing more from you soon.

1 Like

Hi Gina! Sorry for the delay in responding (I didn’t have email notifications turned on).

I’m glad there is a renewed interest in potentially funding a story about MGD. :slight_smile:

I will tailor the content to MGD’s needs (we should have a discussion about what these are!) There have been so many changes & revitalization efforts this year. I can write about the thinking and strategy behind “MGD 2.0” I can highlight the Fellowship program, a few outstanding members, and/or Cohort 1.

There’s not a shortage of content to write about it – it’s just a matter of strategically thinking through what content would be most helpful for MGD, right now :slight_smile: Most importantly, the story will be fun, inspirational, and motivating! (in line with my previous two stories – links in the description).

Hi Rika,

The members of Meta Gamma Delta DAO want to thank you for your recent grant application submission! The Grants Committee was excited about your submission and would like to officially support funding your project.

What does that mean? The committee is only a small representation of the wider DAO so we take the first pass at looking at applications and then recommend the best projects to the DAO. The DAO then must vote on each project and if that vote passes, then we can move on to the next steps of funding. Decentralization probz.

We will announce this recommendation on December 20th at the MGD Holiday Party at 8pm EST and then move forward with a DAO wide vote.