DAOHaus Dune Dashboarding
High level Scope: To create a set of Dune Dashboards that will help the DAOHaus community track platform adoption. Analytics will focus on tracking Membership (stats on members), Governance (how people are coordinating) and Finances (TVL and funds).
Detailed spec: (See Appendix Below)
The contracts to be analyzed through Dune are listed here: https://hackmd.io/sGEB-V9xSziLkFs6q01dow?view
- Focusing on Moloch v2+ & its ecosystem
~3 to 4 weeks
Start Monday after deposit of escrow/safe
- Milestone 1: Ensure the successful integration of all the relevant contract data in Dune beginning with Ethereum Mainnet then xDai and Polygon
- Milestone 2: Creation of an Overall Platform View
- Milestone 3: Creation of the Single DAO View
- Milestone 4: Replication and Application of the Single DAO View across all DAOHaus member DAOs
- Milestone 5: Replication of the Platform and Single DAO view across xDAI and Polygon
Payment Requested: $10,000 (50% $DAI / 50% $HAUS)
Open Questions and Caveats
- Does DAOHAus have a dedicated Dune Account? If not, we’d request they either purchase one or sign up for a free account that we can then use to build the dashboard. This will give DAOHAus ownership over the dashboard.
- Even though Dune formally supports Etherem, xDai and Polygon, the backend data systems aren’t as developed for xDai and Polygon. This could result in missing tables and slower performance which could unintentionally act as a blocker.
DAOHaus Dune Dashboard - Platform View
This view provides a high level protocol overview of the DAOHaus platform. Our focus will be to construct queries and graphs related to DAO Membership, Governance, and Finances. Below is a list of initial questions that our preliminary investigation suggests we can answer.
- How many DAOs are being created? (Time series and a Counter)
- How many people are joining DAOs? (Time series and a Counter)
- Are people quitting and getting kicked or changes in membership overtime?
- How much value exists in DAOs currently? (Vault TVL, Distribution of token types)
- How much value has flown through the DAOs? (Revenue + Spends)
- How many proposals are being submitted? (Time series and a Counter)
- Are people voting on proposals? (Total Number of proposals across all DAOs, 5 number summary display of the number of votes per proposal)
- How does the funnel look for average DAO proposals? submitted -> sponsored -> passed
DAOHaus Dune Dashboard – Single DAO View
This view provides a low level overview of the activity in a single DAOHaus member DAO. Our focus will again be to construct queries and graphs related to Membership, Governance, and Finances, but on an individual DAO level. Below is a list of initial questions that our preliminary investigation suggests we can answer.
- How many members does a DAO have?
- What’s the number of members over time?
- What is the amount in Treasury?
- What are the different tokens in the treasury?
- How many minions have been summoned?
- How many proposals have been posted?
- Can we estimate the mean, median, min and max of the number of proposal votes?
Optional Analysis and Nice to Haves
These are all optional analysis that, if time permits, we’ll ask for more clarity and then implement into the dashboards.
- Segment Analytics based on DAO View, Standerdize Dashboard to provide 5 explicit Metrics that accrue to a “Health Score”. (later)
o usd/wETH amt in/out
o voter consistency
o proposal velocity is > mean of all DAOs in a given segment
o boost activity
- Member Analytics within the DAO view (later)
· Discord Activity (later)
· Vanity metrics will be long-term, eye candy focused (later)
· Product performance will be taken on a shorter-term basis (later)
- Payments received by DAO members from DAOhaus DAOs – eg funding proposals
- Payments received by DAOs from other DAOhaus DAOs – eg funding proposals
- Payments received by DAOs from members – eg tributes