Discussion: DiamondDAO/Chainverse Product & Strategy

DiamondDAO/Chainverse Product & Strategy

Objective

This document aims to have a clearer understanding of:

1. User personas (who are our users & what problems do they face)
  2. Product offering & positioning (how do we solve the problems of each persona)
  3. How DiamondDAO community & ‘Chainverse product’ works hand in hand & symbiotically

Why is illustrating user personas & product offering important?

• Defining user personas is important because there are always multiple unique but interlinked personas in a DAO, which all have different backgrounds, needs and wants. Furthermore, each person can wear multiple hats in different contexts and DAOs (you can be a core team in 1 DAO, community member in another, or an investor looking to do web3 reserach simultaneously)
  • It will be important to be clear on each of the user personas, their problems, and how we intend to solve them. ‘Internally’, this helps to recruit more contributors & help existing contributors build better. ‘Externally’, this helps users better discover the product and also use the product more powerfully.

Why is illustrating the symbiotic relationship between community & product important?

• First, this will inform how the product team approaches identifying needs, defining solutions and building products (i.e. via decentralised inputs & contribution). Also, it will inform DiamondDAO in how they should interact and support the Chainverse product.
  • More importantly, in line with the community-owned and decentralised ethos of DAOs & Web3, this will help set us apart from other products, attracting contributors and community members to the DAO, and users to the the product

0. Why are we here?

We are here because we believe in the Web 3 movement. Our belief in the power of Web 3 fueled our natural curiosity to better understand the Web 3 ecosystem. With communities and coordination at the epicenter of Web 3, we started to explore and define community health. Our mission is to accelerate the Web 3 transition through measuring, defining and monitoring community health.
Taken from Diamond DAO’s Docs

1. Who do we solve for & what problems do they face?

By distilling the user personas & their problems, we hope to be clear on our target audience, product positioning, TAM, competitors.

Problem Current Alternatives
DAO Core / Community Managers How do I better understand, engage & empower my community to achieve our shared goals? Many tools on different platform (e.g. Discord, manual exports, Telegram, etc.)
DAO Community Members How do I discover, join & be more involved with communities I am interested in? DAOhaus explore page, Twitter
DAO/Web3 Investors How do I discover, analyse & discern between the different Web3 / DAO projects that are promising? DeepDAO, Nansen, Messari, CoinGecko, etc.

2. How do we want to do it?

Here, we elaborate what we do, alluding to what’s so different abotu us (i.e. we’re both a community & a product)

Chainverse is a data analytics platform that integrates off-chain & on-chain data to give actionable insights for the Web3-native audience.

• For DAO core teams, it helps them understand, engage & empower their communities.
  • For DAO community members, it helps them discover, join & get involved with DAOs
  • For DAO/Web3 investors, it helps them discover, analyse & discern between different projects to invest in.

As a product, Chainverse is owned, built and governed by the DiamondDAO community, a DAO of data-nerds, analysts and builders. As a community, DiamondDAO members:

• Build features for Chainverse
  • Integrate datasets into Chainverse
  • Use Chainverse to do consulting gigs
  • Advocate Chainverse to their peers

3. What is our product offering?

Problem Solution
DAO Core / Community Managers How do I better understand, engage & empower my community to achieve our shared goals? Community UI (Short summary of Community UI here)
DAO Community Members How do I discover, join & be more involved with communities I am interested in? Member UI (Short summary of Member UI here)
DAO/Web3 Investors How do I discover, analyse & discern between the different Web3 / DAO projects that are promising? Investor UI (Short summary of Investor UI here)

By mapping out user personas > problems > solution, it helps us clearly explain our mission, roadmap, product strategy, ‘revenue’ model, community/DAO interactions. This should be helpful for all personas, regardless whether they are DiamondDAO members, Chainverse users (DAO core, DAO community, Web3 investors), etc.

Next Steps

The next steps would be for the community to discuss and align on these pointers. Once we are happy with these pointers, we can put this up on our docs and this should inform how we do things as a community / product.

Note: This should change as the community / product evolves, so the idea would be to have a minimally viable set of points that we are happy to run with.

4 Likes