Hello everyone - before diving into this post I would like to thank @amphiboly.eth ly for the amount of time he spent with me on this post. It’s very unnatural for me to A) think about my needs B) look beyond 3 months in Web 3 (I often feel work can feel week-to-week) C) place reasonable expectations around my time commitment (there is so much opportunity in Web 3).
Summary: I think it’s important to start this post with why I joined Diamond DAO. I originally started working/contributing to DAOs as a way for me to better understand products I was interested in and to make investments. I shortly realized the complexity around coordination, and the people making things happen in the DAO. As an investor, I came to believe that the greatest risk and opportunity when investing in projects is understanding/defining community health. I started working on a large project at the Index Coop (here) to better understand these dynamics. After spending a good chunk of time working on this problem, I came to believe my approach was very rudimentary and could be greatly improved upon. One of the articles that resonated with me is called, the life and death of online gaming communities (here). Thankfully my learnings led me to Diamond DAO. I can’t remember exactly how we met but I instantly hit it off with @amphiboly.eth, @steffbrowne, and @lemp.eth. I was passionate about the vision and Diamond DAO is highly aligned with my interests.
Since joining Diamond DAO I have led multiple initiatives, including:
- Establishing a bi-weekly community call
- Revamping (ongoing) the discord server
- Suggesting a grant from MetaCartel (here) and creating the deck, leading to an investment from MetaCartel ventures. Shoutout to @steffbrowne’s clutch, last-minute pitch.
- Drafted Diamond DAO values
- Held multiple 1v1s to help engage contributors
- Formulated a very high level BD strategy
I am sure there are more, but I list the above to show that I am 100% committed to this project, the core team, and the community.
Over the next three months, I propose to lead BD efforts within Diamond DAO. While the areas of contribution will be dynamic, key responsibilities include:
- Creation of materials that clearly define Chainverse offering.
- Creation of a framework for evaluating potential customers and partners.
- Prospecting and prospect categorization.
- Lead customer outreach.
- Design customer onboarding process and help create processes around collecting and analyzing customer feedback.
Methods of community communication include:
- Forum post outlining BD strategy
- Regular updates (summary of progress in the bi-weekly community call around progress)
- Forum post outlining customer onboarding and feedback
I will consider this project a success if we are able to onboard 10-15 strategic DAOs by the end of January 2022, assuming no delays around the deployment of MVP. Successful customer onboarding thereafter.
Time commitment will ebb and flow, with some weeks requiring more work than others. I estimate that the average time commitment will be 10-20 hours per week, averaging 15 hours per week through February 2022.
Thereafter, and hopefully, I will have greater visibility to increase my level of contribution at Diamond DAO. One of the reasons for me estimating 10-20 hours per week is my active involvement in other DAOs in the Ethereum ecosystem. This also gives me confidence to deliver the above objectives.
I request 8,100 DAI (2,700 monthly).
I request 0.3% guaranteed shares from Diamond Bank. I request up to 0.4% additional shares. For each customer I successfully onboard from our (pre-agreed upon) list of strategic customers, I will receive 0.4% shares (if before February 1) and 0.2% shares (if before March 1).