STAKEhaus Proposals πŸ‘¨πŸ½β€πŸ³

All xDAI proposals can now be entered as a new TOPIC in the #stakehaus category by using the #proposal tag.

If you have trouble, just ping @Yalor on TG: @Yalormewn or Discord: @Yalor (EST)#0556

1 Like

Disputable DAO Escrow Service

Within Raid Guild, in coordination with LexDAO we have built a disputable escrow service. With built-in dispute resolution by LexDAO, clients can be confident that they will get their money back if Raid Guild doesn’t deliver, and Raid Guild can be confident that it will get paid.

We’ve also received a grant from Aragon to integrate Aragon Court as an additional dispute resolver option and to productize the app for use by other DAOs. You can see our working document here: https://hackmd.io/qUFShwRLQdOBq78ClNOvuw

All of that is on mainnet. We now propose to deploy the same app on xDAI!

Scope of work

Most of the work is either already done or covered under the Aragon grant. To bring it to xDAI, we’ll need to do the following:

1. Deploy the (upgraded) LexGuildLocker escrow contract to xDAI
  2. Add support for xDAI network (and point to the respective LexDAO and Aragon Court xDAI contracts) for our front end app
  3. Testing testing testing

Team

A crack team of raiders from the Guild:
@spencer
@dan13ram
@saimano
@jaqi

w/ support from others

Ask

$1,000 in STAKE

Happy to elaborate, clarify, and answer any questions!

2 Likes

I like what I see here so far, can you elaborate on the value proposition and the potential use cases of having the β€œDisputable DAO Escrow Service” on xDAI, what other services or opportunities would this make possible ?

Would be super handy for service daos that might be migrating over to xdai.

Could also work great with the xDai on ramps

2 Likes

Would also help drive demand for both lexDAO and Aragon Court dispute resolution services

This looks like a go @spencer , let’s get a proposal up on STAKE for DAO Escrow on xDAI !

1 Like

Proposal created!
edit (updated applicant address):

IMO I feel like the requested funding is a bit high for something thats just redeployment of a tool built for a specific party / relatively niche usecase (vs a more generally useful thing like Balancer on xDAI, etc). Also seems like there is/was other funding avenues for this. I think StakeDAO should focus more on funding the most widely useful / lowest hanging fruit that doesn’t already have funding / support from elsewhere.

To the first point, I’d be open to reducing the amount requested, which was based on an original suggestion from @Yalor. Definitely flexible here.

To the second point, where we’re ending up on the design is a β€œSmart Invoice” dapp that can be used by any party, including DAOs and individuals, to send and manage what you might call β€œpre-invoices” to their clients. To the degree that xDAI is a cheap environment in which to transact, providing a tool that improves the way service providers and clients can transact would bolster that value prop.

I certainly won’t argue, though, that a proposal like like Balancer on xDAI should be prioritized :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, let’s reduce the amount to $500 and move forward. I overestimated the level of work required to get it onto xDAI. @METADREAMER brought some good points forward.

@Yalor FYI voting is ending in 3 hours, so get your votes in :slight_smile: